2018 Volkswagen Passat GT Release Date
Auto show season usually means the debut of multiple new car models. Volkswagen has gotten in on the action, debuting a new version of the Passat at the North American International Auto Show. The new Passat GT special model adds multiple elements to create an impressive sports sedan. The 2018 Volkswagen Passat GT release date has been announced, along with other information about the car.
The 2018 Volkswagen Passat GT will be arriving during the second quarter of 2018.
Volkswagen Passat GT Engine and Performance Features
Powering the 2018 Volkswagen Passat GT special model will be VW’s 3.6-liter V-6 engine. This engine produces 280 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. EPA estimates for the engine’s fuel economy ratings check in at 19 miles per gallon in the city and 28 miles per gallon on the highways. The engine is paired with a standard six-speed DSG automatic transmission with steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters.
The performance of the engine is supplemented by a variety of performance-oriented features. The GT models adds:
- LED headlights and LED Daytime Running Lights.
- R-Line bumper and honeycomb grille.
- GT badging and accents.
- Sport suspension.
- Black roof, mirror caps, window and door trim.
- 19-inch Tornado wheels.
- Red-painted brake calipers.
- Black spoiler.
- Blackened LED taillights.
- Black bumper and double exhaust.
- Piano black center console and vent trim.
- Carbon fiber optic décor.
- Black headliner.
- Aluminum GT-badged sills.
- Black leatherette seats.
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- Heated front seats.
- Dual-zone Climatronic automatic climate control.
When the 2018 Volkswagen Passat GT arrives, stop by Gorman McCracken Volkswagen to take the new car for a test drive.